Monday, September 05, 2005

Student Ministry is Family Ministry



I am excited about this new blog. I am new to blogging and I am starting two in the same week. This site will be specifically to provide support for our new Parent-Teen Minstry at Life Connection Church. I have learned the hard way that to best disciple Middle and High School students is to co-nurture along side their parents. Surveys continue to report that parents have the greatest influence on their children. I want to help parents be better parents. As a parent of two grown adults myself, I bring to the table experiences that the average youth minister does not have.

Our PTC ministry is a work in progress. We will meet once a month, set up discussion groups, and life groups and develop other large group teaching events which will probably include some weekend conferences.

On this site we will have links to written materials, I will review and report on books and articles written by experts in the field, and make parents and teens aware of the many tools that are available that will give them more confidence in their parenting.

As we develop this ministry, your input as a parent and a teen will help us make this the best resource it can be.

My other site is "Through his Eyes". It's main purpose is to encourage others to be apprentices of Christ as I work daily to see the world through His eyes and comment on what ever comes down the road. It will be more of a "journal thinking while I write tool" that will help me develop my thinking and creative skills as a Pastor and a teacher and allow me to pass on what I learn.

E-ministry is fastly becoming the ministry of the now and of the future.

I am looking forward to the ride.

Serving You In Him
Royal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home